Sunday, May 13, 2012

No One Like Mother

Of all the people in the world, I have to say no one compares to Mother.  She's the person who seems to believe the best in me, even when I can't see anything good.  She's the person who is always interested in hearing what I have to say.  She's the person who has a consoling word, a warm hug, a shared tear in hurting situations.  Mother is a confidant, someone I can trust with personal fears and struggles.  Mother can also be depended upon to be there in a pinch.  Mother will share her opinion openly, she won't hesitate to pray and stand on God's Word.  Mother is the one person in my life that I miss the most.  She's been gone 3 years now and I still can't get used to the fact I can't pick up the phone and give her a call.  I still long to share important things in my life with her.  I still miss hearing her voice call my name, although in my mind, I can still hear it clear as a bell.  The greatest thing about being a Christian, a believer in Jesus Christ, is the hope of one day being together again in heaven.  We're only seperated through death for a little while, only to be reunited for eternity.  If your mother is still living, cherish her while you have her.  It shouldn't matter whether she is everything she should be, none of us are, it should only matter that she's your mother, the only one you'll ever have, no one will ever take her place.

No comments:

Post a Comment