Sunday, May 20, 2012

Darkness Fears The Light

For some reason, of which I've yet to know fully, God has used a particular number to stress a few things with me.  That number is 222.  For weeks and months, during an intense time of fasting and prayer, it seemed this number would show up everywhere I looked, on the clock, on a billboard, on a receipt, on a mile marker, it was so often that I begin to ponder about it and ask God, "why are you making this number stand out to me"?  One of the scriptures that I discovered in my search about 222 is Daniel 2:22, "It is He who reveals the profound (deep) and hidden (secret) things; He knows what is in the darkness, And the light dwells with Him."  Wow, what a comfort!  To have the assurance that even though I may be in the dark about things, God is not!  He knows everything that I'm wondering about, concerned over and fearful of.  He is the One who can reveal the things that are hidden and profound, so, why should I look anywhere else for answers.

When I was a child, I was an extremely frightened kid.  I'm not sure why, maybe because my older sister took great joy in telling me stories that scared me, or maybe it was the fact that I was a little over sheltered, being born late in my parent's lives, or most likely, the enemy had a plan to keep me huddled in a corner, afraid of everything.  Regardless of the reasons, I was one terrified little girl, and one of my biggest torments was the dark!  I was afraid of the dark because I thought there was 'something' there.  If had no name, no face, no identity, no character, but it was real to me.  Even after I was married, I wanted to sleep with a lamp on beside the bed.  The Lord delivered me from this terrible curse in my early twenties and I can now say that there's no fear of the dark anymore!  Thank You Jesus!

God knows what is in the darkness!  He knows its name, its identity, its character and its face, and His light dispels the darkness that surrounds the thing that is tormenting you, bringing revelation and freedom from the curse of the enemy!





No comments:

Post a Comment