Tuesday, May 29, 2012

God's Yoke Don't Choke

I Corinthians 15:58  (NIV)  "Be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."

How many times do we feel that our serving or giving goes unrewarded?  I doubt there's no one who can say they have never grown weary in well doing and ended up with a sour attitude.  I believe that the enemy is always close at hand, ready to whisper into our ears the lies that our 'working for the Lord' is in vain.  Just because we don't see fleshly or carnal rewards does not mean 'good' has not been accomplished when we serve God.  This scripture reminds us that nothing we do for God is useless.  The big question should be, "do I do what I do for God, or is it done for people?"

It is altogether possible to become weary in serving God, but it is inevitable that weariness will set in when we are serving the demands of people.  Matthew 11:30 (NLT) says,  "My yoke is easy to bear and the burden I give you is light."  These are words I have learned to live by.  I cannot tell you the number of situations I have found myself in where I felt I was choking on a heavy burden.  Every time, it was something that some person had talked me into, or something that I had taken on myself, neither one led by God.  I have found that when I respond to what God has asked of me to do, it may be challenging and hard work, but it isn't heavy nor does it feel as if it is choking my life.

We need to pray and follow where God leads and be enthusiastic about it.  If we find that we are hearing the enemy's voice whispering that there's no profit in serving God, then let's shut him down and remind him that there's nothing we can ever do for the Lord that is useless.  If we give the Lord our little lunch, He will multiply it to feed thousands!!

No comments:

Post a Comment