Saturday, June 2, 2012

When I Am Weak

Psalm 28:7 (NIV)  "The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger.  I trust in Him with all my heart .  He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy."

There are times in our lives that we can feel so strong, so able and so together, but inevitably there will be many times when we realize that we are extremely weak, unable and falling apart!

God is strength, but we don't know His strength until we are weak.  While we are running along in our own strength, we don't lean on His, so actually, it is a blessing when we find out that our strength is fleeting and we grasp onto God, hold on and discover His awesome power is what we needed all along.

David speaks often in Psalms about God being his protection, a shield; most likely because David spent many days running for his life or in war battling enemies of Israel.  We are all in a war, a spiritual war, battling against the enemy of God and His people.  Let's take this reminder from David that God IS our shield as well, protecting us from every danger.

Notice that the Psalmist says his heart is filled with joy following the fact that he trusts God with all his heart and God helps him.  I believe this is a key factor in having joy.  We cannot have joy while we are afraid, but when we trust God, He helps us - then comes joy!

When we find ourselves weak, let us rejoice that He is strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment